July 18, 2009

Samsung Eternity as modem

I like my new Samsung Eternity. My wife gave it to me as a surprise gift. It is not as powerful as iPhone, but it has just everything that I need: GPS, internet, music, java apps...

Here is my note about how to connect my notebook to internet via GPRS:
  1. Install Samsung Modem Driver
  2. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections
  3. Choose "Create a new Connection" -> Next
  4. Choose "Connect to the Internet" -> Next
  5. Choose "Set up my connection manually" -> Next
  6. Choose "Connect using a dial-up modem" -> next
  7. Choose any name you want for ISP Name (ie. Samsung Eternity) -> Next
  8. Type *99# in the Phone number field -> Next
  9. User Name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
  10. Password: CINGULAR1
  11. Confirm password: CINGULAR1
    * the username and password need to be all in caps
  12. Click Next

No comments:

Post a Comment